This week’s trivia is completely pepper-related.
1. Did you know that black pepper is native to South India, but chili peppers originated in the Americas?
2. The Scoville scale measures the “hotness” of a chili pepper. It is named after Wilbur Scoville, an American who developed the scale.
3. The hottest chili pepper in the world is the Bhut Jolokia pepper that grows in Assam, Nagaland, and Manipur.
4. Indian defence scientists are creating a grenade using the Bhut Jolokia pepper.
5. There is a company that markets a weight-loss pill called Capsiplex made from hot peppers.
Please contribute to this section. Your contribution will be attributed and you will be notified by email when we post the next update.